The new features and improvements include:
- Experimental support for CSS Flexible Box Layout (flexbox). (#5654)
- Layout of inline-blocks, complex positioned elements and anonymous tables is now significantly more standard compliant and browser like. (#6343, #6381, #6382, #6411, #6511, #6590, #6603, #6614)
- Introduced -ro-object-slice to allow page breaks inside images. (#6395)
- Raster image output can now be set to grayscale mode. (#6525)
- Added PDF bookmark styles -ro-bookmark-label and -ro-bookmark-state, as well as -ro-bookmark-level which deprecates -ro-pdf-bookmark-level.
- The web service can now post status updates about the conversion to a callback URL.
- Margins, paddings, borders, positions and floats can now be set via logical properties that depend on the BiDi direction.
The changes include:
- Updated various HTML5 default styles.
- Updated various default values, including body margin and rounding-mode (see migration guide). (#6041)
- box-decoration-break now defaults to slice (see migration guide).
- Moved PDFreactor PHP API into its own namespace. (#6577)
- Version checks are now performed between the web service and the clients to ensure compatibility.
The bug fixes include:
- Empty table rows in collapsed tables no longer cause exceptions. (#6608)
- Merging PDF documents will no longer result in incorrect meta data. (#6508)